This weekend I sat in on the virtual World Summit, hosted by Dean Graziosi and Tony Robbins. Every time I hear Tony speak, I am completely mesmerized. He speaks right into your soul with so much love and passion, you can’t look away.
Yesterday he reinforced a message that he shared at the Unleash the Power Within conference that I attended in June. He shared the key to happiness and fulfillment along with 5 keys for leading an extraordinary life. I want to pass that along for you. I’ll also share a tool that you can use in the morning that primes you to have a great day.
If you’ve ever listened to Tony speak before, you may be aware of his CANI mindset. Tony believes that Constant And Never-Ending Improvement is a must. He studied under Jim Rohn who had a similar philosophy and said, “leaders are readers”. The challenge was that you should be reading (or listening) to something that teaches you something new or challenges your mind every single day for at least 30 minutes.
Now can you guess what the secret to happiness might be based on that preface?
Tony says the secret to happiness and fulfilment is PROGRESS. You ever notice how you achieve something you were so excited to achieve, maybe get a promotion or a new job, and then shortly thereafter the excitement starts to lull? If you stay still at the same level for too long, you’re likely to grow bored and unhappy until you push to a new level and feel the excitement and the drive that comes from being challenged to grow. When we’re learning, we’re happy.
If you commit to doing the uncomfortable action every day, making consistent progress, you’re very likely going to be happier and stronger. Much like putting money away each week will compound over time into bigger savings, those small daily actions investing in yourself will compound in a similar way. You might not see it right away, though in time your mindset will be shaped in a more positive and healthy way and you’ll wake up feeling different.. better. You may even wake up one day to find yourself living the life you currently only dream of having.
5 KEYS FOR LIVING AN EXTRAORDINARY LIFE:
- Every day you MUST strengthen your mind. This means filling your mind with what will serve you, make you think and grow, and not the BS that comes at you every day in the news or on social media. You have to stand guard at the door to your mind and first feed it with something stronger than the fear-based garbage you will see coming at you later.
- Feed, strengthen, and train your body. Become mentally and emotionally fit. To be clear, this is not the same as emotional intelligence. This means creating mental discipline and keeping commitments to yourself. Commit to doing something to train your body every single day for at least 10 minutes a day. Make the goal to get the blood pumping and oxygen flowing, not a specific amount of time to be moving.
- Find a role model, or many role models. Find people that are doing what you want to be doing, have what you want to have, and pay attention to what they do. These people don’t have to be perfect, and you can have different models for different facets of life. Maybe you have one role model for business and another for relationships. Maybe you have a totally different role model for health and fitness. Role models are key because they make the impossible possible. They show you it CAN be done. All you have to do is find out what they are doing or have done to be successful in that area, and then start doing those things yourself.
- Proximity is POWER. Make it your mission to regularly put yourself in close proximity with people doing what you want to do and succeeding. This is easier in the land of social media. If you make it a point to put yourself in environments where you can interact with others doing what you want to do, eventually an opportunity will present that could change your life. An added benefit is that if you surround yourself with people that are successful, you will learn and grow as a person yourself and start leveling up.
- GIVE more than you expect to RECEIVE. Tony says the secret to happiness is progress, and the secret to living is giving. Contribution makes us feel alive. It makes us feel good to give unconditionally, no strings, no expectations of getting anything back. If we put our focus into helping others and giving or serving freely, we won’t have to worry about receiving. What we give freely we get back multiplied. We build good karma that the universe will return to us in our time of need.
Implementing these keys has the potential to make big shifts in your life. I can personally testify to that effect. Since UPW and enrolling in Mastery University and the Neuroencoding Certification with Joseph McClendon the 3rd, I’ve been learning every day. I have put myself within close proximity to people doing what I want to do and being successful, and as a result I’ve had an opportunity present where I was able to speak on a podcast for the first time. I’ve been sharing what I learn freely and feeling more fulfillment knowing I am helping and inspiring others. I’ve been eating better and moving my body, resulting in feeling healthier and happier. This stuff works.
I promised to give you a tool you can use, and I want to deliver. This is an exercise that we did live at UPW with Tony, and it was POWERFUL. This exercise connects you emotionally to that which you are already grateful for as well as what you hope to have in the future. It is a priming exercise and a great way to start your day in a positive frame of mind.
Try it out and let me know how you feel!
With love and light,